Provide Conflict Resolution in Your Workplace
Workplace conflicts can lead to formal complaints or lawsuits.
Work related conflict can start start as a disagreement between employees or an allegation of unequal treatment. As Columbia Law Professor Vivian Berger addressed in "Respect in Mediation: A Counter to Disrespect in the Workplace," perceived disrespect and demeaning treatment can start a path leading to formal complaints and lawsuits.
Non-work related issues, such as substance abuse and domestic violence, can also have an intense impact on work environments. Often a small group of employees try to manage these issues in secret to protect an employee's privacy. But when the problem becomes to large to contain, the fallout often hurts the whole department or organization.
Working in the non-profit sector can be even tougher.
Non-profit employees battle on behalf of people with limited access to resources and power. This fight is necessary, but exhausting. What's more, battles are sometimes fought on multiple fronts; on the front lines and within the organization. With high stakes and diminishing emotional resources, common issues between staff can fester as tensions rise.
And second-hand trauma has greater repercussions than we'd like to admit.
Mediation and Conflict Coaching services can help diffuse disputes and increase morale.
Direct costs include lawsuits and legal fees.
Productivity costs include the value of the loss of time and energy for the individuals involved and the orbit of employees in their support system.
Health care costs are also a concern. Emotionally stressed employees are more likely to get sick and take more time off.
Low morale leads to greater attrition. Continuity costs are the costs associated with hiring replacements and the loss of ongoing relationships and social capital that the employee created.
We Can Help With These Common Workplace Issues:
- Workplace Bullying
- Allegations of Racial, Sexual, or LGBT Slurs
- Team Dysfunction
- Poor Conflict Communication Skills
- Allegations of Racial, Gender, Disability or LGBT Bias
- And We Can Help an Employee Figure Out a Personal Issue That's Effecting Their Work Performance
FLP Your Workplace Culture, Provide Conflict Resolution for Your Staff
Start Meaningful Dialogue in Your Workplace.
Let's partner to offer conflict resolution for your staff.
- Regular, scheduled onsite services, including Team facilitations, Mediation and Conflict Coaching.
Scheduled offsite services at my office near Wall Street.
- Quick response, Emergency sessions for urgent matters.
- Workplace presentations:
- Communication techniques to facilitate better dialogue between employees.
- Conflict management techniques to maximize effective interactions with your client population.